Saturday, October 23, 2010

Two Months In..Losin' Weight..Feelin' Great..Money in my Pocket

My Prayers were answered. For years, I prayed for guidance and direction for a lucrative income as child support would end. The Lord would orchestrate for me a business to operate that would generate income for our family that would exceed mediocrity. I continued to pray for 15 years and watched as the month of July 2010 rolled around and the last direct deposit emptied into my checking account.
I had searched eagerly  the last eight months as my journey took me to another continent.  I was shown as I traveled to China the details and expense  of manufacturing and the competition among  the Chinese as they copied  the craftsmanship of artists and designers that spend hours and hours on their creative works.

I read Bruce Wilkinson's book, The Dream Giver, delivering God back my dream of the import home decor business; realizing that something bigger and more than I could imagine was on the way. But WHAT? "Be Still and Know that I am God." - Psalms 46:10. The verse rang in my ears for three months after returning. I continued to work on jewelry, paint, jewelry and paint. The first of August, I traveled across three states to the "World's Longest Yard Sale" still searching for more treasure and ideas. What fun it was..Blog is below.
On August 16th, I went to a new church. The Wiregrass church in Dothan, AL. A life changing experience for me as I sat and listened and knew that I had found a wonderful place to worship. Following the service a friend had asked me to lunch with she and another friend that she had met at Wiregrass. We ate and talked and then she began sharing about her new job as an independent distributor of a new weight loss/health nutritional product. I listened and being the person I am, wanted to try it for myself to lose the unwanted 10 pounds that was still creeping around. Two weeks later, the weight had literally melted away. I signed as a distributor because I had a story to tell. My personal story of what Visalus, (www.visalus.com) had done in my life. I began to realize that the product that I was drinking, the weight that I was losing and the $2000 in commissions the first month of being in the "relational marketing business" was an answer to a 15 year prayer. The rewards are great as I help people uncover and shed the unwanted weight and get healthier. The products are safe as well as effective and doctors across the country are jumping on board to distribute. The feeling of knowing that you know that you know was true for me as I continue to "help others" build the business of their dreams. My relationships with people are rewarding and the trust and support we offer one another is gratifying. God has answered my request; not like I had expected, shedding a different light on a growing epidemic in this world..obesity. An opportunity to share what has been freely given to me. The message of Hope, Transformation, Life, Prosperity and most of all developing strong relationships and building new ones along the way.
Blessings!
Lori

3 comments:

Melanie Riley said...

Lori I loved the blog and enjoyed reading your story. It is amazing how your choice to decide to try visalus spread all the way to me in Huntsville. I am on my first week and seeing how the product will work. So far so good and it is very encouraging to read your story. Thank you!!

Livi & Company said...

Awesome! God is always listening, and thank goodness, his ways are not our ways. Thanks for including me in this journey along the "Visalus path." I, too, continue to be blown away by how it is changing my life and those around me. God, please continue to lead, guide and direct us for your glory to be revealed!!!!

dwainright@gmail.com said...

Blessings Lori, You are a special person indeed. Dot

Followers

Visitors