Sunday, August 29, 2010

Light at the End of the Tunnel....


Last Sunday evening..new church...new friends...filled with Hope and Promise....ONE PHONE CALL. Reliving the past week has been like a surreal dream for me. The episodes that filled the past seven days make me grateful for my foundation. A foundation that begins for me with the words..."Be  Still, And Know that I am God", Psalms 46:10. The ebb and flow of life as you hold on and then let go..listening to the urges of the gentle spirit inside, that whispers, until heard. Praying for intuitive thought and wisdom to know how to handle a situation that only you know God is capable of handling for you. Listening as your daughter asks, "why is this happening to me"?, and the answer being  ~ Trust God. And then pouring all the faith and trust you can muster into your answer and clinging to HOPE.  The stillness comes, the fog lifts, the light at the end of the tunnel appears and the trust strengthens. "Be Still and KNOW that I am GOD" becomes the order for the day, for the hour, for the minute.
  
Where would I be without my foundation? A foundation that definitely needs much improvement...A foundation that needs nurturing to grow. A foundation that requires daily attention to strengthen. What would my daughter think,  if when asked "Why Me?", I had no answer for her.
I can't explain why these moments happen, only that "Trust God" was the answer that made sense to she and I in a time of need. No explanation, no rationalizing, no analyzing, just "Trust God". As simple as the words are, the mind has trouble grasping the concept that when in crisis mode or any mode for that matter, it is as simple as "Trusting God".  

2 comments:

Dotto said...

Jesus said " I m the light of the world". Bless you . Dot

Livi & Company said...

God is so good, all of the time. Thanks for allowing him to work through you. He is indeed at work.

Followers

Visitors