Monday, June 21, 2010

The Day After...

Picture that Daddy watched me paint as I stayed with him during his illnes in August '08. Named it Henry's Chevy.

Today is the day after Father's Day... I lost my father Feb. 14th 2009 after a six month bout with cancer...see blog above...Anyway, it was an okay day as Billy received phone calls  and texts from the kids.I was reading a book entitled "Broken Open" by Elizabeth Lesser. Really a good book but a little heavy for me at times but like the stories..Anyway, I was reading about her recollections on Death and her father passing and so that led me to thinking about Daddy and then that led to sadness and then that led to a few tears that probably needed to be shed. I went through Father's Day last year and don't remember the sadness but know he was in my thoughts so this year I took a little more time and "sat with the grief" as Lesser says is good to do. I don't like to do that as is my nature to travel  at a high rate of speed. This season is really giving me some things to think about along with her book...I'm smelling the roses and having a lot of faith as the world faces some serious challenges. Whatever the case may be, I am grateful for the Daddy that we had. All the crazy antics and funny ways he entertained himself and others will not be forgotten. Henry lives on in our hearts Forever and that makes me feel adoration and gratitude. We are always remembering something about him that makes us smile. Our family is settling into Life without him... but never forgetting Him.

Followers

Visitors